google scholar: link | arXiv: link | mathstodon: link
pronouns: he / him
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Inria Saclay Centre in Palaiseau, France, where I am working with Gabriel Scherer and Noam Zeilberger in the PARTOUT team.
Before that, I was a PhD student at the Centre of Australian Category Theory (CoACT) and Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
I am broadly interested in category theory and its applications, and so far my research has focused on lenses, (op)fibrations, cofunctors, and double categories.
- Limits and colimits in a category of lenses (with Emma Chollet, Michael Johnson, Maurine Songa, Vincent Wang, Gioele Zardini), in Proceedings ACT 2021, EPTCS 372 (2022), 164--177.
- Delta lenses as coalgebras for a comonad, in Proceedings Bx 2021, CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2999 (2021), 18--27.
- A diagrammatic approach to symmetric lenses, in Proceedings ACT 2020, EPTCS 333 (2021), 79--91.
- Internal split opfibrations and cofunctors, Theory and Applications of Categories 35 (2020), 1608--1633.
- Internal lenses as functors and cofunctors, in Proceedings ACT 2019, EPTCS 323 (2020), 183--195.
- An introduction to enriched cofunctors (with Matthew Di Meglio), September 2022, preprint.
- Profunctor optics, a categorical update (with Derek Elkins, Jeremy Gibbons, Fosco Loregian, Bartosz Milewski, Emily Pillmore, Mario Román), January 2020, preprint.
Conferences and workshops
- Enriched lenses - Applied Catgeory Theory Conference (ACT2022), University of Strathclyde and online, 18 July to 22 July 2022. (extended abstract, video, slides)
- Three approaches to lenses over a base - International Category Theory Conference (CT20→21), University of Genoa and online, 30 August to 4 September 2021. (abstract, video, slides)
- Delta lenses as coalgebras for a comonad - Ninth International Workshop on Bidirectional Transformations (Bx2021), Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (online), 21 June 2021. (slides)
- Cofunctors, lenses, and split opfibrations - Workshop on Polynomial Functors, Topos Institute (online), 15 March to 19 March 2021. (video, slides)
- Generalising fibrations via multi-valued functions - 64th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS2020), University of New England (online), 8 December to 11 December 2020. (slides)
- A diagrammatic approach to symmetric lenses - Applied Category Theory Conference (ACT2020), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (online), 6 July to 10 July 2020. (video, slides)
- Characterising split opfibrations using lenses - 63rd Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS2019), Monash University, 3 December to 6 December 2019. (slides)
- Internal lenses as functors and cofunctors - Applied Category Theory Conference (ACT2019), University of Oxford, 15 July to 19 July 2019. (video, slides)
- Internal lenses as monad morphisms - International Category Theory Conference (CT2019), University of Edinburgh, 7 July to 13 July 2019. (abstract, slides)
- Split opfibrations and cofunctors - 27th Foundational Methods in Computer Science Workshop (FMCS2019), University of Calgary, 28 May to 2 June 2019.
Seminars and Colloquia
- The right-connected completion of a double category - Higher categories, polygraphs and homotopy working group, IRIF, Université Paris Cité, 17 February 2023. (slides)
- Algebraic weak factorisation systems (expository talk) - Junior Category Theory Seminar, UCLouvain, 7 November 2022.
- A double-categorical approach to lenses via algebraic weak factorisation systems - Topos Institute Colloquium, Topos Institute (online), 3 November 2022. (video, slides)
- Basic concepts of enriched cofunctors - Masaryk University Algebra Seminar, Masaryk University, 27 October 2022.
- An introduction to enriched cofunctors - Theoretical Cosynus Seminar, Inria Saclay / LIX, 6 October 2022. (slides)
- Investigating lenses between preordered sets - Proofs and Algorithms Seminar, Inria Saclay / LIX (online), 20 June 2022. (slides)
- An introduction to delta lenses - Theoretical Cosynus Seminar, Inria Saclay / LIX, 18 May 2022. (slides)
- Constructing lenses in double categories - Intercats Seminar, Topos Institute (online), 19 April 2022. (video, slides)
- A general framework for cofunctors - Computer Science Theory Seminar, Tallinn University of Technology (online), 7 April 2022. (video, slides)
- The Grothendieck construction for lenses - The Calgary Peripatetic Seminar, University of Calgary (online), 26 March 2021. (slides)
Australian Category Seminar
Here is a list of my talks at the Australian Category Seminar.
- The right-connected completion - 29 June 2022. (slides)
- Enriched lenses - 27 October 2021. (slides)
- The double category of generalised lenses - 22 September 2021. (slides)
- Lenses as coalgebras for a comonad - 28 April 2021. (slides)
- What's so nice about the category of lenses? - 17 February 2021. (slides)
- Cofunctors, monoids, and split epimorphisms - 28 October 2020. (slides)
- Lax double functors into Span-like double categories - 30 September 2020. (slides)
- Lenses as algebras for a monad - 26 August 2020. (slides)
- Internal split opfibrations, lenses, and decalage - 27 November 2019.
- Symmetric lenses as Mealy morphisms - 21 August and 25 September 2019.
- Internal lenses - 21 November 2018.
- Program Chair and Local Organiser - Eleventh Symposium on Compositional Structures, to be held at École Polytechnique from 20 April to 21 April 2023.
- Co-organiser - Virtual Double Categories Workshop, held online from 28 November to 2 December 2022.
- Program Committee - Applied Category Theory 2022 conference, University of Strathclyde.
- Organiser - Australian Category Seminar, Macquarie University, August to December 2021.
- Scientific Committee - Australian Kittens 2021: A Meeting of Early Career Researchers in Category Theory and Homotopy Theory, held online from 2 December to 3 December 2021.
- Co-organiser - Categories and Companions Symposium, held online from 8 June to 12 June 2021.
- Teaching Assistant - Applied Category Theory 2020 Adjoint School, Categories of Maintainable Relations project, held at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (online), 29 June to 3 July 2020.
- Participant - Applied Category Theory 2019 Adjoint School, Traversal Optics and Profunctors project, held at University of Oxford, 22 July to 26 July 2019.
Last update: 2023-02-18.